Thursday, June 30, 2011

Magic Baby

I have spent the past nine months being humbled.  To not feel so, would be next to impossible.  However, some things are definitely more humbling than others.  One of the strangest things is to realize that life really does go on without you.  People move, get new jobs, get married, etc.  But one of the biggest things that really makes me realize that everything continues as normal at home is the arrival of a brand new family member.  Ann Marie Chappell was born this morning to my sister and her husband.  I like to think of her as a magic baby.  When I left, my sister was not pregnant, she was just my sister.  When I come back, she will not be pregnant, but, she’ll have this new little person.  This is one of those events in life that I always thought I would be there to watch.  To watch her belly grow and then get to meet my little niece right when she was born.  Its humbling (and a little sad) to realize that things go on as normal, even when I’m half a world away.

Photo_50CF3B27-DCE3-4C5C-4587-B33F94470880

Is it possible to miss someone you have never met?  Because I miss my goddaughter like crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean completely! It is so hard to be away especially when you love your family so so much. I feel the same way with Liam, Connor and Sawyer. Just know that being a world away just grows your love and the little ones definitely feel it!

    ReplyDelete